Like Twitter and Facebook, blogging started out as a social media platform that is being utilized more and more by online businesses. Indeed there are many entrepreneurs that realized the potential of blogging early, and have made millions of dollars from it. Very few businesses these days don’t have a blog, and network marketers should be sure to have one too. Even if you can’t build a website and don’t even have one, WordPress has made the process so easy that anyone can have a blog.
If you have a personal website and simply blog about an interest you have, and you don’t promote products, you don’t have to worry about ranking.
If you have a business and use your blog as a promotional platform, as millions already do, the big worry is getting your blog ranking high in Google and the other major search engines.
So how can my little blog, along with a billion other websites and blogs possibly rank well with Google? The bad news is, if you don’t do it right, it can’t. The good news is Google spiders love blogs, especially when they are written with three of the main search engine optimization components: good quality content, regular updates and proper use of keywords.
I love the internet because so many things are free, and WordPress is one of those things. If you do not have a WordPress blog yet, the only costs involved will be hosting (like Host Gator or Go Daddy), a subscription to a good auto responder email program (such as Aweber), and the cost of your domain name (from Go Daddy). Be sure to use a host that offers cPanel (Control Panel) access (I know for sure that Host Gator is using cPanel). If you have not started blogging yet, put careful thought into your domain name – it should always contain one or more keywords that are relevant to your business. The spiders love that.
From the first day you start, by installing the Onlywire plug-in, you can submit all your posts to social media sites, and your visitors can use those buttons too. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Make sure you have a keyword in mind and have that keyword in the domain name, title, description, tags, body, and any text links.
- DO NOT use your blog as a pitchfest, introduce your product slowly.
- Help and educate others by posting useful, interesting, and relevant content.
- Create a buzz about your product by putting Facebook and Twitter buttons on the site.
- You can share your posts yourself on Twitter and Facebook and other social media sites.
- Use video to introduce yourself and talk about your product. People love video.
- Make a video about something relevant and post it on YouTube, then link it back to your blog.
- An article submitter can send out your articles to hundreds of article directories. The spiders will notice, see how much activity and linking there is, and move you up in the ranks.
- Write articles for Squidoo which can be linked back to your blog too.
Do all of these things regularly and you will move rapidly up the rankings. It takes time, so be patient. Sometimes it can take just a few minutes for your site to be indexed; sometimes it takes a few days. Don’t be discouraged, just keep working on posting good content regularlym and things will start happening for you. Be consistent and you’ll have fun watching the results.
If you know of other good ways to get traffic to a blog, please let me know by leaving a comment.
Internet Marketing Training
Copyright © Internet Marketing Training 2010. All Rights Reserved.